In our today’s post we will let you know the steps to reconnect the Netgear range extender Ex2700 to the home network provided, the Netgear extender must be connected to the router and obtained an IP address.
If you want to set the new extender, then click on 'How to setup Netgear WiFi extender' link from the support page of the website.
To reconnect the extender using the wired connection, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Connect the range extender to the PC using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on the computer.
- Go to ‘Mywifiext.net’ from the web browser and click ‘Enter’.
- If you want to see troubleshooting steps for the extender, then check out Netgear ex2700 setup support link on the Netgear webpage.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Click ‘Login’.
- Go to ‘Setup’ and ‘Wireless settings’.
- Go to ‘Security options’ and check if the password key matches with the router password or not.
- Click ‘Apply’.
- Start connecting the wireless devices again to the extender.
How to reconnect the Ex2700 to the home network using Wi-Fi?
- Press and hold the ‘Factory settings’ button from the side panel of your device.
- This will restart the range extender.
- Open the wi-fi connection menu from the smartphone or the computer and connect it to the extender’s default SSID.
- Open the web browser from the connected device.
- Enter the default address of your extender and press ‘Enter’. The default address is Mywifiext.net.
- Like in the previous method, you need to enter the username and password to login to the page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the extender to the home wireless network. If there is WEP enabled on the router, then enter the SSID and password.
- Try connecting the devices to the wireless extender with its SSID and password.
In this manner, you can reconnect the Netgear Ex2700 range extender to the home network. We hope these steps will surely help you solve the connection problem. Still, if you need further assistance or help, you can call us at our toll-free number.